By voluntarily providing us with your Personal Data, you are consenting to our use of it in accordance with this Policy. When you provide your Personal Data, you acknowledge and agree that such Personal Data may be transferred from your current location to the offices and servers of Habitat.
Collection and Use of Information
We collect information that you provide us directly or automatically when you use our Website. We may use the information for to provide the Website’s functionality, improve the Website’s quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the Website, provide feedback to businesses and professionals whose products or services are listed on the Website, display relevant advertising, evaluate the success of our advertising, provide customer support, contact you, back-up our systems for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Website, fulfil transactions authorized by you on the Website, and comply with legal obligations.
Personal Data that you provide to us and information we receive from your use of our Website:
- Account and Profile Information: When you create an account on Habitat, we collect your name and the contact information you provide. You also will be asked to create a profile on Habitat. If you do, your username, any photo you submit, and information you enter into the fields indicated for public display will be displayed publicly on the Website. You can edit some of the information displayed publicly in your profile by going to your account and profile settings.
- Public Content: The information that you post to the Website is intended for public consumption, including your photos, comments, Lookbook, and profile information. By posting on the Website, you agree to permit us to disclose publicly the material you post.
- Communications: When you join Habitat by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as permitted by law, you are opting in to receive emails from us or about Habitat. You can manage your email and notice preferences in your account settings.
- Site Activity/Automatically Collected Information: We collect and may store information about your use of the Website, such as your search activity, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit. We also collect and may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Website, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
- Linked Networks and Contacts: You can elect to connect your Habitat profile to another network like Facebook and, if you so choose, you will be asked to enable sharing of your contact information from that network to Habitat and to enable sharing of your activities on Habitat on that network.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
When you use our Services, your Device will automatically be issued with a cookie. Cookies are text files that are placed in your Device’s hard drive to identify your Device to our server. Generally, cookies themselves only record those areas of the site that have been visited by the Device in question, and the duration. Many websites and/or Software Application do this whenever a user visits their site in order to track traffic flow.
Depending upon the type of Device you are using, you may set your Device to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalised Services cannot then be provided to you.
We use “cookies” to store and track information about you and your use of our Services. Our cookie and information retrieved from our cookie is used in line with the uses set out in in this Policy and more specifically:
- to help save and retrieve passwords used for your Account. This way, you will not have to re-enter information upon every new visit to your Account.
- to track information such as the frequency and duration of your use of our Services, your click-stream as you go through our Website, your preferred sections, and help us determine whether you came to our Website from a particular Internet link or banner advertisement;
- to analyse the profile of visitors and users to helps us in providing you with better Services and to help us enhance our Services for you;
- to personalize the content, banners and promotions that you will see on the Website.
Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your Device at the end of a session. You are always free to decline cookies if your Device permits, although in that case you may not be able to use certain features of our Services and you may be required to re-enter your password more frequently during a session.
Third Party Cookies:
We may use other third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you access and/or use Habitat. In the course of serving advertisements, our third-party advertisers may place or recognize a unique cookie in your Device. These companies may use information retrieved from their cookies to provide advertisements on the Website and other services about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Sharing Your Information
We are not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. As such we will not sell or rent your Personal Data save and except as provided herein. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below.
- Business Transfer: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Analytics and Usage: We may share user information in the aggregate, with third parties, such as advertisers, professionals, and businesses. For example, we may disclose to a business the number of users that have viewed their profile.
- Third Party Ad Networks: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our Website and on third party sites, as well as to assist us in evaluating the effectiveness of our advertising, in accordance with applicable law.
- Other Users: Information that you post publicly on Habitat (e.g., photos, comments, your profile) will be made publicly available to other users of Habitat.
Account Termination and Data Retention
Links to Other Sites
Last modified as at 3rd February 2015